JMarie's Praline Tea Cakes
Two Southern Treats in One.
Two yummy southern treats combined. Your family is sure to love it.
Yields: 2 Dozen Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup + 2 tbsp. Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 14/ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- Powdered Sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 mini-muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray. (Do not use paper liners.)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, salt, egg, flour and vanilla. Stir in pecans
- Place dough in the freezer overnight.
- Allow dough to thaw until pliable. Break dough into small balls & work into cookie form. (does not need to be a well rounded cookie, just large enough to fit the bottom of the muffin cup.) Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges with thin, sharp knife.
- Place on rack to cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over tea cakes, if desired.