Baked Crab & Brie
Delectable, Delightful & Oh so easy. You'll wow your guests with this easy to make swanky party dip. For even more appeal, serve nestled inside a hearty bread bowl.
Yields: Serves 8
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Green Onions, finely chopped with green top
- 1 Lb. Crabmeat, picked to remove shells
- 8 Oz. Brie, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese, room temp.
- 1 tsp. Dill Weed
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 10 Oz. Frozen Spinach, squeezed dry & chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute' 1 tbsp. oil, 1/2 the garlic & onion until onion is limp.
- Remove rind from Brie, Cut into 1/2 inch pieces & add to the skillet.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes & add to the skillet with milk.
- Cook & stir just until cheese melts. Remove from heat & dump into mixing bowl.
- Return skillet to medium heat, saute' 1 tbsp. oil, the rest of the garlic & onion until onion is limp. Chop spinach & add to the garlic onion mixture. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove from heat & allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pick through crabmeat to remove any pieces of shell. Combine spinach, brie mixture, crab, dill, lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste. Stirring gently.
- Spoon into a greased or sprayed shallow 2 quart baking or casserole dish. Place in roaster oven and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with crackers or toasted slices of French Bread.